Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Show your vintage stuff



What I'd wear today if I could: one of these vintage purses recently given to me by JP's grandfather's wife. The one on the left is basically nothing more than fancy chain mail with a lining, and the one on the right is a pretty white beaded bag with a design. Both of them are yellowed, stained and/or tarnished in places, but I still think they are pretty cool. Trouble is, I carry around so much stuff for Flybaby in a tote (red faux croc from Bath & Body Works) that a little purse like this is hardly practical!

I bet you have some cool vintage stuff, no? If you do, show it off! Let's see it. If you write a post showing your own favorite vintage item(s), come back here and sign the linky below by providing the link to your vintage post. Fun!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I don't have anything vintage. Pooie.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

Same with me, nothing vintage--it's a major flaw in my personality that I throw everything away that I don't use nearly daily. Nothing I have is old like that though those purses are beautiful. What a statement they'd make.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I have silver vintage shoes (my great-grandma's) and a silver vintage purse to match. I'm totally participating. It just might take me a few days to get the post up.

PS: love your purses!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Cool purses.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I love vintage but don't have anything good to show you!!! I need more vintage!

Steph

P.S.
Be sure to enter my really awesome giveaway going on from Mason & Matisse- you could win $120 in Skip Hop gear!

7:16 AM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Vintage? Not here. My husband's hobby is playing, "Do we really need this?" about every six months. I'll never forgive him for talking me into selling my punchbowl in '84.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I do have vintage things but they aren't cloths or accessories. They are more like desks and such. I enjoyed looking at yours though.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

So pretty. I don't have anything vintage either ... but now I am coveting yours

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left all my bags in England :(

All I have is boring purses at the moment!

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love, love, love that purse. I'm a vintage freak.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the vintage bags! Oh, I'm going to have to think about my vintage stuff...

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home