Wednesday, May 02, 2007

What I'd wear Wednesday



What I'd wear today if I could: this amazing hat by Louise Green, my favorite milliner. The Kentucky Derby is coming up this weekend (I think), and this is sooo definitely the hat I'd wear if I were going and had the money to blow. Who cares about horses or racing? I would go to the derby just for the people watching and the chance to wear this hat. I'd have Flybaby decked out, too, you can be sure. But -- sigh -- I am not going to the derby. So ....

Here are other Louise Green hats new for this spring that I love. This pink one would be so cute just for church or if I were going to be invited to a wedding. Hey, I could have worn something like this to my sister's wedding do-over, if I had thought of it. And if I'd had the dough.



This white and green hat looks fun, too, but I can't think of where else I'd wear it besides church. Maybe a St. Patrick's Day parade?!

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I love these hats! I went to a Victorian Tea on Sunday and wish I had a hat to wear!

Steph

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my friends had a Kentucky Derby party one year and women wore hats and men wore ascots. We drank (yucky) mint juleps and bet on the races. It was too fun.

We had a holiday tea party for my 2.5 yo daughter's schoolmates and we had hats and necklaces for the girls. Too fun!

There just aren't enough places to wear lovely hats these days.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Those would look JUST ADORABLE on you!!

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! I have never been brave enough to wear one, but I might change my mind for one of those!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

I wish I had a good head for hats. I have a great collection of vintage hats that all look just awesome in my closet. Sigh.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Those hats are beautiful! But whaaaa, the PRICES! Alas, I am too poor...

1:14 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Love those hats, especially the second one! I'm one of those people who loves hats but never wears them. My other clothes are just too sloppy next to the likes of them.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend of mine bought me a hat similar to those once, of course it didn't cost nearly those prices. I loved the hat, but I never wore it! I think maybe I'm just not a fancy hat girl. Who knows, but they sure are cute!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Oh my god I fear if I were to sit down to a meal with the types of ladies that wear these hats my behavior would appear to them nothing short of smearing myself with my own fecal matter. I thought I was so fashion savvy. Hundreds? For a hat? Ay yai yai! I'll be over here with a generic twinkie and a can of Busch Light.

3:43 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

I wore a ball cap today. I got it fer free and it kept my hair outen my face.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Cute hats! The bottom two are so 1920s. They remind me The Great Gatsby. Love them.

8:39 AM  
Blogger LBA said...

all of those hats are so lovely !

I own a couple from past Melbourne Cups .. but other than that, I hate things on my head :)

8:32 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

and how pretty is that model in the last pic - i'm unsure whether I like the hat or her smile better ! :)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

Oh those hats--particularly the last two--are beautiful, just classic, tasteful and beautiful. I wish I had the guts to pull them off. I don't know that I have enough confidence to wear a hat. Maybe . . .

12:54 AM  
Blogger PunditMom said...

These would come in VERY hand for the Queen's visit to the U.S.!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home