Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Anniversary Project: More surprises

This morning while strapping Flybaby into his carseat for a quick trip to the supermarket, my mother called. She wanted to know how to get to a store where my sister wanted to look for a dress. They were both out and about in their rental car, dress shopping.

Seaster still doesn't have anything to wear.

As I was leaving the supermarket (carrying a baby, my purse and two bags of groceries), I got another call from my mother, who said the first store didn't have anything, and she asked how to get to the mall.

About 15 minutes later, she called back to ask where in the mall was a place called the Dress Barn. As if I'd know.

As I was feeding Fly his lunch, I fielded a call from -- yes! my mother -- on one phone and the minister for this vow renewal on the other.

After telling my mother to call the minister, she asks me,

"Did you make Seaster's hair appointment yet?"

Trying to ward off a migraine, I said, "You didn't tell me to make a hair appointment."

(Conversation ensues about where Seaster will be / should get her hair done.)

Has anyone ever tried to make a Saturday afternoon hair appointment on a Thursday afternoon?

"I'll see what I can do," I told my mother.

The way things have been going for Seaster's vows, I am going to end up styling her hair myself!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you with all of this.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!

9:07 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

I don't "get" your sister & mother.
They're in YOUR town, not being with YOU, and seemingly getting YOU to do all THEIR bidding ?!?!

Is your sister incapable ?
Why didn't she buy her dress in HER town, before she ventured into the unknown ? ( unless of course, you're the city mouse to her country mouse )

Sorry to diss your family, but hel-lo ?!

Hope it all works out and you survive with minimal lasting damage ! :)

9:13 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Until I got to h&b's comment I thought maybe I was reading too fast and missing something. Have you always been the one to take care of everything and fix things? From here, and it may be an overexposure to the Disney Princesses at the hands of my toddler, you sound a bit like Cinderella the scullery maid.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

I hope all goes well. I'll be praying that migraines stay far away during this time.

Thanks for your prayers, I'm doing better.

1:04 AM  
Blogger M said...

WOW! I wish you a lot of patience.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

You deserve a medal for all you're doing for this party and for your "seaster" (love that). Geez!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Ugh, I'm getting a headache just thinking about what you are going through. Hang in there.

Evidently, you are dependable and they count on you. But maybe, you should hand them your yellow pages book.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Oh my - I'm getting a migraine just trying to follow all of this! You have some big patience!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Wowzers. I hope everything turns out OK (for you, at least! You don't deserve this!)

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All will fall into place! You are so sweet to do all this !

10:50 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Definitely hope all goes well!!

P.S.
I’ve got another photo tag going on, and this time two participants will win a prize package! Get real- Bloggers Without Makeup!


Steph
Adventures In Babywearing

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It'll all work out!!

1:57 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

This is why I do not have a cell phone!

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home