Thursday, April 19, 2007

You like me. You really, really like me!

Thursday, April 19, 2007 will go down as a day of unbelievability: I have actually won an award! For blogging!



Not only was I bestowed the Thinking Blogger Award for Growing A Life from Banana Migraine, but Crazy Bloggin’ Canuck bestowed the same award to me for Celebrating A Life! On the same day! (And my new blog Celebrating A Life is only one week old. That might be a record.)

Few people accuse of me thinking (mommy brain). In fact, if you ask my mother or stepmother, I’m sure they’d tell you I don’t stop to think enough. So these nominations completely took me by surprise. It’s not like I win awards for my writing all the time. (My book did win an award, but it happened only days after Flybaby was born last year, and I was so busy learning how to be a mama head over heels in love with him that I didn’t even notice I had won the award for two entire weeks.) But if my much-admired Dave Barry can win a Pulitzer Prize for writing booger jokes, then I’ll graciously accept the Thinking Blogger Award.

I am so shocked and honored. Thank you, Amber and Melissa! Now just like those actors and directors wondering what to do with their Oscars, I’m wondering where to put my Thinking Blogger …. Hmm, I know! In the sidebar!

So the drill is that I now have to nominate five bloggers to receive this award.

Trouble is, picking five? Only five?!

Many of the bloggers I’d nominate for the Thinking Blogger Award have already won, and rightfully so. Take these five, for starters:

- Her Bad Mother has already received this award. Her posts are always thoughtful. Sometimes, I have to go look up words in her posts. Other times, I can feel my brain wrinkle while reading her blog. She is one smart blogger.

- Scribbit has won this award. She posts so much that I can barely keep up with reading all her entries. That a lot of writing, folks -- and writing means thinking. She deserves this award for sure especially because she lives in Alaska. Everyone knows how hard it is to think in the cold weather, hee hee!

- Oh the Joys has already received this award too. She has got to be one of the funniest bloggers who also writes at least one post a week that is so sincere and touching that I wish I was part of her family.

- The Space Between My Peers has earned this award already as well, with her practical thoughts on fashion for real women.

- Just Being Me is a new blog to me, and yet she has already touched me with almost every post. She’s touched others, too, so of course she has already been nominated for this award. Keep being yourself!

So for the part you’ve really just scrolled to the bottom of this post to read: I now nominate . . . .

- Baking and Books. Two of my favorite things, together in one blog. It takes a lot of thought to blog about books. But can you really think about baked goods? Absolutely. Ari’s posts include delicious recipes, and she always has a good story that goes with each one. Plus her site design rocks.

- Blooming Yaya. How come she hasn’t already won this award? Her posts are always thought-provoking. I never know what surprising thing she’s going to blog about. I love that!

- Guinevere’s Thoughts on Nothing in Particular. See? The word “thought” is right in the title of my real-life friend Star’s blog. I’m not nominating her for this award because she’s my friend, though. She really does make me think. She’s more than a decade younger than I am and yet most of the time way more mature!

- Dad said Mom said is the perfect format for a parenting blog. The idea alone for a blog like this qualifies it for a Thinking Blogger Award. It’s written by several couples, which is also genius right there. What do moms think? What do dads think? Find out here!

- A two-fer (I have to put them together. I "met" them at the same time. I always think of one right after the other. And I think they might be real-life friends.): My Journey and Interrupted Wanderlust always make me think. Usually, they make me think, “What the . . . ?” Naw, just kidding. These gals are funny and thoughtful and it’s spooky sometimes how we are on the same wavelength at the same time. And that makes you think, doesn’t it?

OK, you winners, now it’s your turn to pick five. Just go ahead and try! It’s harder than you think!

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Me, more mature than you? No way. You're kidding, right? (Well, I guess you *were* the one who was dancing around and fell on your bottom that one day at practice...LOL!)

5:06 AM  
Blogger M said...

First let me say I am very very honored to be mentioned on your blog. :) I would like to thank.... tee hee hee.
What's really funny is-- Kristi from Interrupted Wanderlust and I are not real life friends. We live a few states away from each other, have never met in real life...heck I just found out what her husband does for a living! We just think a lot alike!
:)

6:54 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Aww...thanks for the nomination! And congrats on your Thinking Blogger Award! You are completely deserving, and I can't wait to spend some time reading Celebrating a Life. What a fantastic idea.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats!!

Hmm . . . so many wonderful blogs to peruse and so little time. Ay yi yi!!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Congrats on the Thinking Award... Well deserved ole chum!

Looking forward to the new reads!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

You are definitely deserving! This is fun - links to more fun blogs to read. Yay!!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Totally well deserved!

10:56 AM  
Blogger OhTheJoys said...

What a lovely thing to say! I will now count you as "family"!
Best, OTJ

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Well deserved for sure!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

How cool! Congratulations!

9:26 AM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Many, many congrats to you. You DO have an awesome blog!

My blog has never been nominated. This is likely because my readers always leave scratching their heads and saying, "Huh?"

Oh wait... THAT's thinking, isn't it?

Hmmm...

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So here I was reading your entry, feeling happy that you won awards you totally deserve and excited about discovering new sites through your nominations. Then what do I discover but my own little blog among the mentions? You made my day! Congratulations on your wins and thank you for thinking of me, you rock. :)

Ari (Baking and Books)

12:43 PM  
Blogger Mama's Moon said...

Oooh, Congratulations! And so well-deserved! I've been on vacation for a while so I've got lots and lots to catch up on but I'm so happy for you go have received this recognition.

Keep up the great work! I know I get a lot out of your posts when I log on!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the sweet note. 'Twss well deserved and I figure any way we can get people to see your great new site...

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your blogging awards! This is my first time visiting your blog, and I must say I LOVE it! Thanks for the other blog recommendations!:)

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home