Thursday, April 12, 2007

31 weeks and counting

Call me silly, but I tell Flybaby that every Thursday is his birthday because he was born on a Thursday. Today, he's 31 weeks old. (Last week, he turned seven months.) Flybaby is also working on teeth 5, 6 and 7 (and possibly 8).



But, why am I counting weeks? Because I'm a mom, I guess.

I suppose being a mom is also the reason for my baby-practical but otherwise pretty useless knowledge.

Example? Gerber veggie puffs are slightly concave, so when you break them in half, it's best to place the concave side out when snapping them, or else they will crumble. And breaking them into smaller pieces helps a 31-week-old baby feed himself said puff.

See this whole puff below?



Completely inedible.

I know the "best" way to put a diaper on him is to have his head on my left and fasten the left side first because he likes to suck on his left foot, and if I leave the left side alone while tending to the right side, I have to wrestle his foot to the changing pad like a baby WWE (hmm, idea for a new TV show?). I know how long Fly can be bathed before I get completely soaked. How to distract him with something new to make him stop crying. Which are his favorite toys.

(However, I don't know how to get the food stains out of five of his cutest shirts and bodysuits, which are languishing in the laundry room at this moment.)

So, what do you know because you're a mom?

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I know that if I give d a (clean) burp rag to play with while changing her - her acrobatics on the changing table are a bit tamer.

Also, those puffs are very sticky, I know there will often be several stuck to d's bottom when I take her out of her seat.

flybaby is a doll!

12:58 PM  
Blogger M said...

I know if I don't get a good burp out of Madelyn after feeding that I better give her gas drops or all hell will break loose shortly thereafter.
I know by the touch of her crotch whether her diaper is dry or wet.
I know what color her poop will be based on what she ate the day before. lol
I know that Twinkle twinkle little star usually calms her down as I try to get a onesie over her head.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

So cute! And he has all those teeth! Isabella is 7.5 months and doesn't have one yet.

I know that if I don't watch her like a hawk while I'm bathing her in her tub in the sink, she will turn on the faucet and flood the counters.

I know that if I don't give Isabella my hands to play with while feeding her, she will whack my face until I give them to her.

1:23 PM  
Blogger kimmy said...

awww you have some really cute pics...

3:28 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I know exactly where to put the diaper tapes. Exactly.

I also know where to look for ear potatoes and how to wipe poop with just one wipe.

I know that shoes can be endlessly entertaining.

What a cutie you have.

3:37 PM  
Blogger thethinker said...

He's so adorable.

6:34 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

He is sooooo gorgeous !
I love the overalls shot - so happy ! :)

I know nothing. And everything.
Just ask me !

6:39 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

I'm silly too. Lucky was also born on a Thursday, so today he'ss 11 weeks.

I know that chapstick and wet washcloths have magical healing powers for my 6 y-o daughter.

For Lucky, I know that he likes for the top of his head to be warm and cozy. This is from being an "armpit baby". Sometimes a blanket balanced on his head will get him to sleep. There's still not a lot to know about him at 11 weeks.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Gee it's be over 20 years since my kids were that young. Fly is cute what a button! Love the pictures.

2:40 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Let's see. I know that I can distract Lancelot from crying by singing "itsy bitsy spider" and using my fingers to "climb up the water spout" to the top of his head. I know that if he's REALLY hungry, I have to start with the bottle and end with the solid food. I know that he'll complain about being in his crib for a few minutes before falling asleep, so I don't rush in there unless the crying goes past 5 minutes, I know that his hiccups will go away after a minutes as well. He likes to be sitting up, so there's no point in putting him in a swing or bouncy seat anymore. I could go on and on...lol!

8:05 AM  
Blogger SlushTurtle said...

Oh my gosh he is getting so cute!!!

I know longer know anything. It's very sad...

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know if a diaper is wet just by looking at it. I know when my kids about to poop just by the redness around her eyebrows.

And I know the difference between a whine and a legitimate cry.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

He's adorable, and that picture should be on the Gerber Puffs Label! =o)

I know (and I just found this out) that now that my daughter is REALLY into Dolls (18 mo) that if I tell her that we are going to change "the baby's" diaper and I put the doll on the changing table with her......that she'll actually lay down and let me change her.

Cause man do they get STRONG after they passed that 1 yr point! You gotta have your tricks...cause the wrestling days are over.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Flybaby!!!

My brain is mush right now .. I know my kid's names .. it is a start :D

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home