Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Call me a sadist

  • Sadism: (noun) the deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from cruelty


Yesterday and today, Flybaby has been such a happy baby. There has been a minimum of fussing. Hardly any crying (at least on my watch). He sits and plays happily. He eats just fine. He smiles when I sing to him. He laughs when I tickle him. He took two two-hour naps yesterday and is working on a repeater right now.

This is such odd behavior that the thought zinged through my head: where's the challenge?

(conversation with myself)

Oh, no, you did not just think that.

Sorry, self, I didn't mean to.

One and a half days of Flybaby being happy, and you already wish he was being tormented by something?

Torment? Who said anything about torment? I'm just ... suspicious.

Or sadistic. Just enjoy it while it lasts. Sheesh....

(conversation over)

- - - - -

So Easter has come and gone -- another holiday that gives our relatives an excuse to give Flybaby gifts. They range from the useful (Baby Gap bodysuits from JP's sister, Sabee) to the nice-to-have (fluffy new blanket from JP's mom, MM) to the downright weird (talking rabbit whose cheeks blink with red lights as he tells the story of Easter from my stepmother, Anne). I would post a photo of this rabbit -- or better yet, a video -- but it truly would be a waste of cyber space. The rabbit itself is really cute and soft. And the Easter story is fine. But the voice of the man telling the story sounds like Edward R. Murrow delivering the news back in the 1950s. Totally not appropriate for a children's Easter bunny toy. I'm hoping for a recall on the toy ... or a way to remove the recording inside....

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can imagine the Bunny's voice! They should make it more cutesy...is it like James Earl Jones? I don;t know the man you're talking about.

4:14 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Oh darn, honey...it's "broken". Turn your sadism toward the bunny and you'll have it all covered!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

You sadist, you!!

I knew you had a dark side.

Ha.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So funny! Sometimes you just want to send the toys back with the giver! I know what you mean about waiting for the shoe to drop. I hope it will stay smooth for a while!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Bunny should have voices that match.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

LOL. Take those two-hour naps and enjoy them! And maybe, if he's not busy, Flybaby could come over and show Isabella how that's done?

And that talking rabbit? Just plain odd.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Oh we got a dancing teddy bear for Valentine's Day from the Oregon grandparents. It has those metal, slinky antenna things usually reserved for the fair. it sings a song I have never heard, but its volume travels the entire length of our house. I hate it and it scares our younger child. Our toddler loves it with all her being.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home