Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Anniversary Project: The gang's all here

Well. My mother and sister arrived a day earlier than I thought they said they'd be here.

Along with my sister's husband, half her kids, and two friends.

I was feeding Flybaby his oatmeal this morning when my mother called to say they were all boarding the plane. I was so surprised I almost fed his oatmeal to myself in the confusion.

Now is the perfect to time to heave a big sigh of relief that no one is staying in our home for the weekend.

Ahhhhhh....

My mother and sister prefer to stay near the ocean where they can walk to the beach. For 20 years or so, my mother has been staying at the same little mom-and-pop motel that has miraculously survived the march of the condos upon real estate like that.

But still. I know they will visit at some point. And that means housecleaning.

Do you have a favorite mom-and-pop business?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every year we have to go to B.C. and stay on the North Shore of Shuswap Lake. I have been going there 34 years and had to do a lot of convincing to get my husband there. But now he is worse than me, it's as though no other place in the world exists for holidays. Not that I would go anywhere else because that would be like cheating on my lake. LoL

12:21 AM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

Oh, the fun begins for you!

I just love mom & pop places, especially restaurants. It is nice to get a unique experience.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Erin M said...

my mom is coming saturday

my house is in shambles. God help me!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

In Panama City there's a great mom and pop restaurant that we go to with my grandparents. I love those kinds of places!

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home