Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What I'd Wear Wednesday



What I'd wear today if I could: these shorts from the Gap. With the days getting warmer, I have been on the hunt for a cool pair of jean shorts. These are called "cricket shorts," but I'm not sure why. Is this the style worn when you play cricket? Do the shorts make you more attractive to crickets? Can you hold a lot of crickets in the pockets?

Anyway, I like how they reach to just above the knee and have the gathers and the pockets there, too. I think these design elements placed near the knees help balance out some wide child-birthin' hips. Or at least draw attention away from them to your knees....

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Ok, I think I could probably pull that off... the longer the shorts, the better for me!!

Steph

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo those are cute shorts!

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They definitely make you more attractive to crickets.

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I like those!!! I don't know what the cricket thing is about, but they sure are cute!!! My 10 year old is soo long and lanky that I need to get her a pair too!

8:49 PM  
Blogger kimmy said...

i would totally wear them if i wasn't so big.. i know i gotta put up a current pic of my baby belly.. its bigger than before.. maybe tomorrow i can get my husband to take a pic of my belly on my birthday.. how kewl. huh???

12:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How fun! I think I might actually be able to pull off that look ~ Woot!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Oh - I like those! I usually look really bad in shorts, but those might just work!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

NY & C has something like that.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely it couldn't be because they're supposed to make you look like a cricket!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Very cute. I need to buy some shorts. We're finally getting some decent weather (although still not shorts weather) up here in the NE.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Mayberry said...

Ooh, very cute. I like.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Mama's Moon said...

Hahaha, I like the 'cricket-holding-pockets' theory. They are TOO cute, though! ANYTHING to detract attention from these child-birthin' hips!!!

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home