Thursday, May 10, 2007

Tag sale

Actually, there's nothing for sale here. (However, I am giving away notecards over at Celebrating A Life.) But I have been tagged twice this week! Wow.

M over at My Journey tagged me to write "I am..." Hers was very poetic.

I am an ex-perfectionist.
I am a glide on a tree swing at twilight, surrounded by fireflies.
I am not as confident as I’d like to be.
I am a melody playing in the background.
I am a slight hypochondriac.
I am one of those women who will be called an "old girl" when she's 70.
I am a vivid dreamer.
I am still undecided what I want to be when I grow up!

- - - - -

Then, author and blogger Julie Carobini tagged me to report on eight random things about me. Because she knows I am as random as they come.

1. I don’t like for other people to see me putting on makeup. If someone comes in the same room, I have to stop and wait until they’re gone!

2. I own two red cars. I have been trying to sell the first red car for a year and a half. Someday, I’d love to drive around in a Sunbeam Tiger and a vintage restored pickup. Red, of course.

3. I’d really like to publish a children’s picture book someday.

4. I love wearing toe rings!

5. People seem shocked when they find out I like “stupid humor” movies like “Wayne’s World” or most of the ones Jack Black has done. I just like comedies, is all. I’ll see a comedy over a drama any day. And I love Jack Black!

6. If I were visually artistically inclined, I’d create paintings of nothing but skies filled with clouds: sunrise, sunset, storm. But I can barely draw a stick figure.

7. I am a wildlife watcher and have identified around 150 species of birds so far -- not a lot, considering some people have identified 500!

8. I wish I had more time for reading others’ blogs, but right now Flybaby is a hyper, almost-crawling non-sleeper who demands almost constant attention! I'm thinking of you, though, peeps.

Now I have to tag eight people. Hmm. Eight. So, I tag M right back, as well as Cathy, Leah, Amber, Melissa, Mamacita Tina, Chelle and my friend Star. See? Totally random in selection. I hope you haven't been tagged already! It seems there are so many memes floating around, it's hard to keep track. And if you just don't do memes, I apologize for that too.

If you're tagged, here are the rules:

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Thanks for the tag! I'll get to work on that. :)

12:45 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Love, love, love the "old girl"!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your "I am .." was wonderful!

Thanks for the tag .. it is in queue :D

5:16 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up too. How about a rock star? Yeah. That works! A rock star who dresses her age.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home