Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Disorganized conduct

Thank you, blog friends, for your comments of support on my sublime pre- Father's Day poosplosion and the resulting humiliation that came with it. It's times like these I really love blogging. Don't you?!

If it's not a poosplosion, it's a teething toy that falls apart. It's only fair to mention that a couple days ago, Sassy e-mailed me with this:

"Thank you for your email. We were sorry to hear of the experience you and your son encountered with the Dragonfly Teether. Be assured the safety of the children playing with our products is our primary concern, and all of our products meet and exceed all safety standards set by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and the American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM). FYI...this is an isolated incident. We would like to send you a postage-paid envelope to send the toy back to us for a Quality Control inspection. We will also send you a merchandise credit order form, so you may choose a couple of different teethers from us. The envelope and order form will go out in the mail this week. Each consumer is valued, and we thank you for taking the time to contact us. Best Regards, Jane Doe/Sassy Consumer Relations"

"An isolated incident," eh? So Flybaby just happened to be the one unlucky little guy, I guess. Isolated. It makes him sound so ... alone. It gives me a mental image of him drifting on a block of ice near the South Pole, chewing on a broken toy.

I'm glad the company at least responded to my complaint. And it's nice Sassy offered to send me an envelope to mail back the teether. Guess on the form I filled out, I shouldn't have put 123 Main Street as my address....

I have been a bad blog reader/commenter, thanks to nonexistant naptimes, Father's Day prep (I'm sewing matching Hawaiian-style shirts for Flybaby and JP), "cleaning at" my house without really making it clean, having way too many hobbies, and now I'm baking Flybaby some teething biscuits/wholesome cookies. It's no wonder it's almost midnight and I haven't showered yet! It's not like I'm training to summit a mountain. How do you all do it?! I just feel so disorganized these days....

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Awesome Mom said...

Rofl I winder if someone will actually get the envelope and wonder why the heck someone sent it to them.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Dayngr said...

I wouldn't worry too much about that words "isolated incident", corporate legal teams put words like in place so they won't open them up for massive lawsuits. Imagine if they said "WOW! You're the 38,674th person who's called about that today". Probably not good for business.

Don't ask me how I know this because if I told you I'd have to kill you.

2:47 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I think "disorganized" is just another name for "mommy," isn't it? I've yet to meet a truly "organized" mom, and if and when I do, I plan on taking copious notes on how she does it, because it's a mystery to me as well!

And I printed those same teething biscuit recipes weeks ago, and have done nothing with them, so you're well ahead of me. Then again, Isabella has not one tooth in her mouth yet, so I suppose I have time.

And as for your Sassy teether, at least you're getting a credit, even at the expense of making Fly feel like the lone wolf!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home