Wednesday, June 06, 2007

What I'd Wear Wednesday


What I'd wear today if I could: this orange and white print dress from Boston Proper. I mean, I wouldn't wear it today, but I'd wear it on vacation. If I were going anywhere. But I'm not, hmph.
For our honeymoon, JP and I traveled to the mountains to learn how to ski. He wrote "Superdate 1995" in the snow with his finger. And he told me he wanted to go on a superdate -- a trip -- with me every year. Swoon.
But JP and I just decided we aren't going to travel anywhere this year because my nerves can't take it. Flybaby doesn't take to long car rides well. (A flight would probably be the same.) After our recent camping trip in which a two-and-a-half-hour jaunt turned into a five-hour trip of wailing (and that was just me -- you should have heard Fly), well -- I really don't need a holiday like that. So instead, we're just going to loaf around our hometown, eat out, maybe visit the zoo.
And you thought this post was just about fashion.
I'd like to imagine myself, though, on a cruise to the eastern Caribbean wearing this to dinner (with a cami underneath for more cleavage coverage). I hear steel drums in my head when I see this dress. Which is as close to hearing them as I'm gonna get.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

That's a gorgeous dress!!

Don't worry, honey, before we know it our little ones will be better able to handle little trips (or be able to be left overnight with sitters!) and we will once again be able to enjoy superdates with our hubbies. Think how fast THIS year has gone by.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Love it. And yes, a Caribbean vacation is the perfect place to wear a dress like this.

Our vacation lives are over as well for awhile (we went to St. Lucia on our honeymoon, so I'm hearing the steel drums too!), but once Isabella turns one year, we're going to escape somewhere for at least an overnight "super-date."

I hope you do too!

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would wear that. Wonder what bra we could wear underneath it. I never can find strapless bras anywhere!

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that dress, but I'd need the body to wear it LOL.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Mmm, travel is so fanciful and dreamy in theory, the reality for us is fraught with hysteria and sleeplessness. Sigh. One day.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

I love that. I would wear it too.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Mama's Moon said...

Okay, with those boobs I could DEFINITELY work that dress!

As for vacations?? What are those? Is that when you run to the bathroom away from your kids and count the seconds until they realize you're gone and start banging on the door?? Is it? Is it??!!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

I get those catalogs and am always amazed by how hoochie those mommas look. They make me think of what the playmates would look like right before they take off their clothes.

But yes, I could see that on vacation, hoochie-wear is appropriate. In fact, I just came back from the Dominican and by the end of the week there I had stopped shaving and barely wore a shirt much less a bra. When in Rome I guess...

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home