Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A real crappy story

You know you're a mom when your conversations revolve around poop.

But you're an Awesome Mom when you have a poop-related contest. Awesome Mom is giving away an iTunes gift card for the best kid poop story. (Psst. There are only a few more days left until the end of the month, which is the end of my own contest over at Celebrating A Life. Go enter now.)

The best poop story? Probably not here. But it reminded me of when one of my younger brothers, Goblin, was a baby. I don't know how old he was -- a year and a half? Two? -- but he was able to walk around.

Well. Goblin was walking around in nothing but a T-shirt and his diaper. His diaper was falling off, so he pulled it the rest of the way off. Then he sat down on the living room floor with his diaper and started ... to ... eat ... his ... poop!

I was doing something important like watching TV, but when I saw Goblin eating his own doo, all I could do was laugh. It must have been quite a cackle, because our mom came into the room and saw the scene: her baby eating out of his dirty diaper, and her 6- or 7-year-old daughter giggling maniacally at him.

My mother was upset and asked me why I didn't do anything to stop him.

How could I?!

I'm not sure she has ever forgiven me.

OK, obviously I've matured since then and wouldn't let anyone eat their own (or anybody else's) poop. But every time I think about it, I still start laughing!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Erin M said...

ooo poo poo platter eh? i dont blame you one whit for not intervening

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ew! I remember babysitting a friends 2 year old brother who pooped in the closet and "cleaned" the hardwood floor with tinfoil after. Picture scratched floors with poop rubbed in. Mmmmm.

;-)

1:15 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

ewwww! I can't believe you let your brother just do that!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

Oh by the way, I am laughing too.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe Yup I would have just laughed ... now that I have a daughter with a kid brother I surely would question why she would not stop him!!! hahaha!

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm laughing, too!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

That was so gross, but it gave me such a good laugh today. Thank you.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

One winter my youngest sister as a preschooler found some pretty "rocks" outside while playing, put them in her pocket then forgot about them.

Then they thawed and my mom discovered they weren't rocks at all but dog droppings.

Lovely.

1:24 AM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Oh, I am BURSTING with poop stories, but I missed the deadline!

Phooey. That's what I get for falling "behind" on my blog reading.

11:56 AM  
Blogger JHS said...

Oh, gross . . . but I can see a 6 year old doing that.

My post is here: http:/www.jhsiess.com

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home