Thursday, May 24, 2007

From one mother to another

At some point in my adult life, I realized the moral thing to do isn't always the legal thing to do.

At another point, I also realized sometimes your heart goes out to someone even when it's neither moral nor legal.

But wouldn't you feel for a mother if you knew she was nursing babies at home and she was skinny and hungry? Wouldn't you want to help her out?




Hey, JP is the one who put cat food out for her. And a cat could have come along to eat it first.

I really don't think it's right to feed wildlife (don't get me started on a rant), but if you don't hand-feed them and they don't see you put the food out and they have to share it with other animals, then ....

If she gets rabies, though, the free handouts will have to stop.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yikes! And yet I am the one who will occasionally put out vegetables in the dead of winter for the deer I think are starving. I think that's a big no-no.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Whew! Glad she's not a bear (which are the mommas that we have around).

4:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gotta draw the line somewhere. :-)

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's sweet and I would have done it too. At least she's not sleeping in your living room. ;-)

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! She does look like she could use some food!

10:11 PM  
Blogger theotherbear said...

I'm not entirely sure what that is. But it looks kind of scary.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Aww.. sounds like you have a soft spot for animals just like me. Good for you! I would have done the same thing. :)

8:07 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

As long as she doesn't follow the way of the squirrel and that big lizard that visited you awhile ago...

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree we shouldn't but I would have too :)

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have skunks in our area. When our dog was a puppy, a skunk came in our yard while we were in the backyard. It was scary. They are beautiful, but like to eat the dog food.

I too am looking forward to the blog exchange. My best email is mommycanrun (my gmail account).

I am going to try to get my post done by tomorrow. I will keep in contact with you!

12:18 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

I'm forever feeding someone. Hey, it's a Mama's way of saying I love You, right?

11:58 AM  
Blogger theotherbear said...

So, racoon, eh. Totally would have guessed wolf!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Dayngr said...

That is so sweet! I'd do it too.

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home