Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What's a nice blogger to do?

Because it has taken me nearly two weeks to acknowledge this:



I clearly don't deserve it.

But thank you, Brandie, ever so much. And Brandie, who earned the Nice Matters Award and passed it onto me, obviously is truly a nice person, because she has been so patient while waiting for me to write this post. She hasn't said a word. (Like, "Hey, remember I gave you an award? You haven't blogged about it. What's up with that?") Because she is a nice person.

And I quote, "This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award."

Oh, these blog awards! Such pressure to pass them onto others! Twisting my arm to pick seven -- only seven! -- of the 80-some blogs I read to find those I think are nice. What's a nice blogger to do? Do you play by the rules and pick seven (like maybe (Chelle, Nadine, Mamacita Tina, Guinevere Meadow, Fidget, Mama's Moon and Jodifur), or do you try to be nice to everyone and just say, "You're all nice! Nab this award for yourself -- you deserve it!"?


Anyway, I think being called nice is pretty special, but it shouldn't have to call to mind Victorian days as the award image does -- being nice can be modern, no? So I would like to offer my humble take on the award logo:



And I hope the originator will think it's nice and not think I'm being ungrateful. I'm just trying to be nice!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww you think I'm nice! Just wait till after you meet me in October BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

3:17 PM  
Blogger jodifur said...

Thanks for the shout out! You like me, you really like me.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Brandie said...

ROFL! You crack me up! =)
I like your logo too - very nice!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Awww, thanks!!!! You're so sweet! And creative, making that new button!

2:34 AM  
Blogger Lady M said...

Congratulations! I like your new logo better than the flowery one. May I borrow it?

4:53 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Thank you for your kindness. I think I might change my nice award icon to this one. It is nicer.

You are sweet and NICE. Congratulations on the award.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gushing ... thanks!

I take forever on those award thingy's too ... You may have been distracted with a cute baby birthday!?!?

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home