Wednesday, October 01, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Fall bag

What I'd wear today if I could: a new bag in a darker shade for fall, maybe something like this by Vera Wang's line Simply Vera, found at Kohl's.

Peeps, it's the first of October and I'm still running around with a white tote bag. Of course, it's 84 degrees here today, so it still feels like summer. But I'm ready to move on. (Which Jodifur did a couple weeks ago already.)

Today was also the grand opening of Kohl's in my hometown. Kohl's has never before graced our region, but my friend Roo/Robin is an avid Kohl's shopper who ferreted out a store three hours away and would shop there. Yeah.

So today, I found this bag, which turned out to be $89. I can pick 'em. I know a lot of women wouldn't hesitate to drop that amount -- or more -- on a bag, and it's probably worth that amount. But see, my bag is going to end up getting juice spilled in it from a leaky sippy cup, cracker crumbs are going to wind up in the bottom, and it could very well carry a dirty diaper around (in a separate bag, of course).

Come to think of it, basically I should just take a gallon-size Ziploc bag, make a cute cover for it out of cool fabric and handles from the craft store, and be done with it. There's an Etsy idea, eh?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

I LOVE Kohl's! If you shop their sales they have the best deals on kid's clothes. Even better than Walmart, and the clothes don't fall apart.

I wouldn't have spent $89 either. With 3 kids to carry around crap for I just got a $15 back pack at TJ Maxx that I happen to also throw my wallet and keys in. It's totally un-fashionable but oh so practical when I'm trying to heard 3 kids through a parking lot. I especially like the sports bottle pockets on the side....perfect for sippies.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Love that bag! Brown is my favorite color these days.

And I won't even tell you what I spent on my (Isabella's?) diaper bag. It's insane.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo that is a cute bag!
I long for the cute bag be mine days and be gone the diaper bag days :)

5:20 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Oh, that is a cute bag! Unfortunate about the price tag. Here's hoping you'll find a fab knockoff for mega cheap!

5:56 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I wish I had a Kohls near me. I just got a new purse that I spent way too much on a couple of months ago, so I can't buy any new bags, but that one is tres cute!

8:24 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

love the etsy idea friend!!

go for it :)

8:54 PM  
Blogger the mama bird diaries said...

I am so in need of a new bag.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home