Tuesday, January 02, 2007

One year later: Proof positive

One year ago today, JP and I found out we were having a baby. Here is my post from last year!

- - -

You cannot just go to a store and buy a pregnancy test. You have to buy several other things with it. That way, you look nonchalant. And you hope the cashier and bagger won’t say anything. Either this time, or the next time you go into the store.

You’re supposed to take the test first thing in the morning. I tell my husband that’s what I’m doing. I follow the instructions to a T. I cannot breathe as I see first one line, then two, appearing on the stick. It’s very fast. There’s no faint coloration. There’s no maybe.

I’m pregnant.

I carry the stick back to my husband. He’s now cleaning the cat litter box. I can’t get his attention. Sulking, I put the stick down on his nightstand along with the test instructions. He can look at it for himself.

And why is cleaning the litter box more important right now?!

He finally sits down to look at the stick. He reads the test instructions.

He’s impressed the instructions claim the test is 99.9% accurate.

Men.

We don’t get out of bed for a long time after that. It’s a holiday, anyway.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Love it!

I think I bought like 3 or 4 different ones... and they all went either + immediately!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

awww... great post. Believe it or not, I've never POAS. 2 years of trying and over a year of fertility treatments and I sprinkled no stick. I always waited for AF to come, and in the case of Isabella, for the nurse to call with my blood test results. I know. I truly am freakish. ;)

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! What a special anniversary. Our was August 9 and I remember it clear as what I had for lunch.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Sweet story. I looove those, they are terrific!!

2:21 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

I think because it's pretty much out of their hands they react that way. My hubby was watching tv, sure I got a hug, but he continued watching tv. Cute story!

7:30 AM  
Blogger LBA said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !!!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

That is a great story! My husband didn't believe me or the test... Fortunately, the next day I was on my way to the fertility doctor to go over options & she did an ultrasound. :)

2:20 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I thought you were going to say he was cleaning the litter box because he already knew it was off limits for you.
;)

Sweet story!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on it being such a big year... and not knowingly being pregnant on new years! ;-)

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet story! I loved reading this!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home