Wednesday, July 11, 2007

What I'd Wear Wednesday

What I'd wear today if I could: it's just too hot outside to think about wearing clothes, ugh. If I could spend all summer in a swimsuit, I'd do it if onlookers who happen to catch a glimpse of me wouldn't pass out at the sight....

But sometimes even in summer you really need to wear real clothes. So I guess the next best thing to wearing almost nothing is shorts and a tank top. The summer uniform.

These cargo shorts from Express look cool and comfortable. They also have that perpetually wrinkled look to them, which is a plus for moms -- or for anyone who is allergic to ironing, like me.

Should I mention it's too hot to iron anyway?

For a tank top, a solid color is good, but if you can find an embellished top, even better. Express offers this blinged-out lion tank:



But I like nailhead decorations a lot better because nailheads don't fall off, and they aren't scratchy --- which is a must when you have a baby burying his face in your shirt when he wants to nurse. So this tank top from The PJ Shop is more my style:




Do you have a summer uniform? How do you keep cool?

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Cute! I'm a (um, well) plump woman, so shorts don't look good on me. I live in capris and tees or tanks in the summer.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Capris with tanks or tees are my summer uniform, too. We're even able to wear shorts at my totally-casual-all-the-time workplace (woo-hoo!).

I would probably look OK for my age (49) in shorts, but don't currently have any that fit (except for exercise wear) and besides, I'm not that comfortable wearing shorts to the office (I leave that to the cute 20-somethings!).

But around the house in summer? Swimsuits! I have some beautiful sarongs I can tie over them in a pinch (like to answer the door, or if friends drop by unexpectedly). I love swimming anyway, so I probably have about a dozen swimsuits (most of which I got on sale and year-end clearance).

And just to show how truly nuts I am, I enjoy ironing. What I do in summer is iron outside in my swimsuit! I set up the radio, get a cool drink, lay the to-be-ironed clothes over a patio chair and get busy! I catch a few rays. :D

Love those shorts!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I love those tops!!

Steph

11:49 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I change frequently, always keep damp outfits on hand...some might call it forgetting to run the dryer, I call it unintentional genius.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Cute shorts, but I dare not wear cargo style. The additional pockets make my already huge hips look huger. Sigh.

I love capris, shorts and t-shirts. I'm comfortable. And I don't have to iron, like you, I'm allergic!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Bliss said...

i might wear those cargo shorts too, if i had thinner thighs... if i have to go out for "business", my summer uniform is one of my long print dresses. going out for pleasure i'm more likely to wear black cotton pants with a tank top. if i'm staying in i'm likely to tie on any ole thing i can find to wrap on. i'm allergic to the iron too and haven't owned one for too many years to remember.

8:35 PM  
Blogger thethinker said...

Shorts and a tee shirt, all summer long. Even capris seem too long to wear in this heat.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Flip flops, capris and t-shirts. Sometimes a cool long skirt also works for me.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Love those shorts. Just long enough to cover my large thighs. I quite like capris and a light tee.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Dresses or skirts... with ballerina sneakers, hair in a seudo bun and sunglasses... with my accessory... my cock a poo dog who dons a bright blue harness and leash,,,

1:41 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I live in Indonesia so its hot EVERY day and I am always in shorts and tank tops. When I sleep, when I'm at home, when I go to the super market....all the time. So....I like your selection today.

8:25 AM  
Blogger a happier girl said...

I'm in favor of any article of clothing that is supposed to be wrinkled. Very cute.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home