Friday, July 13, 2007

When mosquito netting seems like a fashionable option

Before Flybaby was born, friends could count on me to be the local "cruise director" to find fun things to do and organize everyone to do them. Now, I still find fun-ish things to do -- but my brain is gone.

When Flybaby doesn't sleep -- which is about 16 hours of the day -- it's often hard to come up with things to do with him. My brilliant idea for today was a trip to a protected, small remnant of a forest.

It's the middle of July.

The forest is swampy.



Can you find the 2,387 mosquitoes in this picture?



Hey! Can you let me out of my stroller yet?!



Waiting for the lightning alarm to give the all-clear....

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be eaten alive! I think I am a mosquito magnet. When you have time, please send me your address. I am packaging up the Holy Discontent books! Have a great Friday!

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, my email is baseballsandbows@hotmail.com

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so brave! I would not walk alone in the forest!! Recently my husband took the baby for a walk in the woods and he forgot to put on the mosquito net!! The poor thing got bites.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

I'm loving the picture of Flybaby! One of the reasons that I hate living in FL is the skeeters!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I hope he made it home bite-free!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

Well the picture is beautiful, even without the mosquitoes close up :)

All that sweet baby skin is just like a mosquito magnet too.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

oh goodness.. now the question is.. how many bites did you get?

12:32 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Love that Flybaby picture! And apparently our children are conspiring to boycott their naps. And yes, finding ways to fill all those sleepless hours is...hard, to say the least.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Wow, adventurous! It at least beats the Wonderpets.

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe Love it! It is so hard to think of things to do!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Mama's Moon said...

hehehe. Looks like he's trying to eat the netting. Great job protecting him AND getting out to do something interesting. With me, when the brain's gone everybody suffers!

1:12 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I'm constantly looking for things to do with my son. Unfortunately there is nowhere to go here in Palembang. BTW, our entire house is mosquito netted since Indonesia is full of mosquitoes at any time of the day. I really hate them too and recently had a post on my blog musing about WHY they were created.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home