Friday, December 14, 2007

He likes to move it, move it

Fly hit the 15-month mark this past week, and I have to say, he's wearing those 15 months pretty well. He's starting to understand more, and it's always a surprise to watch him catch on to a new idea.

For example, this morning, JP spilled some milk in the fridge. Fly went over to the pantry, got a broom, and took it over to help clean up. OK, OK, I know a broom isn't the way you clean up milk, but he knew JP was trying to clean something and that brooms are for picking things up.

Then last night, Fly wanted me to read him a Christmas book, but I was trying to get a last few bites of my dinner down. So I asked if JP would read the book. He made up most of the story -- saying something about leaving out guacamole for Santa instead of cookies, and poking fun at the number of lights the book character put on the Christmas tree. I cautioned JP that Fly knew the story and wouldn't like if he changed it. Sure enough, before long, Fly got tired of JP's version of the story, grabbed it away from him and brought the book to me. I will never forget the look on JP's face as I laughed in it!

Fly also loves getting into my purse, which was just a bit alarming when I realized that meant he could take something out, go hide it, and I wouldn't find it for possibly weeks. I had put a CD of pictures of friend Guinevere's son, Lancelot, into my purse -- but when I went to give the CD to her, it was gone. I figured it was just a case of mommy brain. I found the CD later in our home office and put it back in my purse. The next day, my little thief came along, pulled my purse down from the kitchen desk and took out the CD. I followed him into his room, where he carried the CD over to his CD player. He's smart!

My favorite thing he can do now, though, is dance.


Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Maddy said...

Smart, good looking and light on his feet! What more could you want?
Cheers
Can anyone explain the extra box that seems to have mysteriously appeared on blogger comments? Something with an update thingy?

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

7:17 PM  
Blogger jodifur said...

that is super cute!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Lissete said...

Cute! It's funny how they memorize books at such an early age. I once freaked when I saw my 2 1/2 year old reading one of her books word for word. OMG, I have a gnius child! I thought. Got closer and realized that the book was upside down! Totally memorized!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

ssuuuuuuper cute. I didn't imagine your voice to sound like that. Also, I can't get over that the boys are wearing SHORTS as I freeze my buns off in my house.
Have a great weekend!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

hehe...that is SOOO cute! He dances almost like my 16 month old son - too bad they can't get together and have a dance party! haha :)

8:58 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I love baby dancing too.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Flybaby shaving his groove thang... nothing cuter!

12:17 AM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

That's my "baby" voice! ;)

10:17 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

My Little Beauty is fifteen months old too - and she does that same "knee-bend" dance. :)

1:23 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

aaaw! He be jammin'!

7:04 PM  
Blogger theotherbear said...

That is just so cute.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

How CUTE!!

Tee hee...I can just imagine the look on JP's face about the story. LOL! EVERYONE knows that you don't leave out GUACAMOLE for Santa. Sheesh.

12:12 PM  
Blogger chelle said...

He is totally an awesome dancer! Good with a broom too! Wow!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I love baby boogies (dancing that is)! Too cute!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

He's such a smart little cookie and quite the fine dancer. It's amazing how quickly they grow up and start to think for themselves.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Adorable!
And what a cute story about the book. I like a baby with discriminating taste. ;)

1:28 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

what a cutie! I love it when they start to dance and they are so serious about the whole thing.

10:00 PM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

What a smart little cutie! (And I love hearing your "baby voice"!)

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home