Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What I'd Wear Wednesday

What I'd wear today if I could: a simple, yet stylish, paper bag over my head so no one can see how stressed I am! Perfect for all those last-minute Christmas preparations like a husband who is out of town (to buy a race car body, no less), family who is coming in town, cards to mail, gifts to shop for and ship, Christmas solos to learn how to sing, parties to attend, and, well -- fill in the blank!

The paper bag doesn't get enough credit as a fashion accessory. I prefer mine with some holes so I can at least see out of the bag, but ... details, details. The bonus is you don't have to do your hair or put on makeup. Of course, I recommend paper bags made out of 100% post-consumer waste, and then recycling the bag when you're done with it. You can match the bag to your shoes if you really want to, but these days, I don't think people are going so matchy-matchy, so it's up to you.

Yes. I've lost it.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Yoinks! I wish you a happy de-stressing day, then!
And.. umm.. race car body? There's a story to blog there, I think.
Did I already say Happy Belated... Happy Belated Birthday!!
P.S. Did you get my card?

1:51 AM  
Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

Got any of those in red? I figure I might at least look festive, even if I don't feel it!

Make it two bags, actually. I'll accidentally shred the first one with all my nervous, stress-induced fidgeting.

2:30 AM  
Blogger Jenn (Life's Sweet Melody) said...

I'll take one of those bags!

8:23 AM  
Blogger jodifur said...

I was just talking with a girlfriend last night about how much i hate the holidays. Too busy. Too much stress, Too much family togetherness.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

I love Christmas but the getting there almost kills me.

Please pass the paper bags...

1:52 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Can I get a full body paper bag?

5:28 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Sounds like a winner to me...I especially love the "not having to do hair or makeup".

5:51 PM  
Blogger Staci said...

My sentiments exactly!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

hahah...now THIS is the kinda outfit I need once in a while...preferably with your same fashion idea of a few holes, etc...thanks for the laugh though! And I hope the stressed out-ness disappears soon. ;)

8:25 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Maybe so, but you still have your fabulous humor. Thank you so much for the smile.

2:12 AM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

You mean I'm supposed to wear makeup and do my hair when I don't wear a bag?

Dang.

Failed again.

7:01 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

amen.

10:01 PM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

I just can't get over how classy you are! LOVE IT!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home