Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Purple

What I'd wear today if I could: something in just the perfect shade of purple, like this sweet belted cardigan by Kensie. You might not be able to see the black buttons going up the front, but they're there. And the black ribbon belt just finishes it off.

I'm not much of a purple wearer. It's hard for me to find the right shade of purple to go with my coloring. I probably wear things all the time that aren't the right tone for me, but I wear them anyway because I love them. But with purple ... I don't know what it is about purple, but I just feel I have to be careful.

Amethyst works. Eggplant seems to be OK. But never lavender. And orchid is horrid.

Oh, to find perfect purple for fall! Like this swingy skirt by Chloe:



Or this velvet jacket from Banana Republic. Velvet? Jacket? Purple? Yum!



Is there a color you avoid, or feel you have to find the right shade before wearing?

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

Orange and yellow, for sure. Luckily they aren't my favorite colors, so I don't worry about it too much.
Your purple fashion spread is making me want to go shopping. Must have purple!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

First, I have to say I LOVE that skirt.

I stay clear of orange and yellow and lime green and gray.

5:00 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I always hated purple and then sometime in the last year or two I started loving it. Not sure what changed there. I have an incredibly shallow color pool in my wardrobe. Almost all black, gray and reds. I keep telling myself that I need to branch out and yet every time I walk out of the store I have a bag full of black and red clothes.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I love purple!! Great choices!

8:13 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

oh i want that jacket from banana!! it's awesome!!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

I love purple.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I love purple!! I usually avoid red. It's just not me.

Steph

5:55 AM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

I get emotional thinking about purple. I WANT THAT BR JACKET.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to hate pink and avoided it like the plague ... then I had a baby girl ... I adore pink now and wear it all the time!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

I love purple - it's best with a reddish tone to it! I'm not so much anti colors as for specific colors - black and maroon work for me every time.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Julie Carobini said...

I've never been a purple fan, but now that it's so popular, I've tried it out--and love it! Took two new purple blouses with me to NYC and fit right in :))

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home