Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A great mother

There's a great post and ensuing comments over at Tales from the Crib about What Makes a Great Mother.

When I read that and thought about it, I immediately thought of my own mothers (my mother and stepmom). What did they do I liked? What did I hate?

It's a good question to ask. Perhaps in the beginning, you need technical skills, as one commenter suggested, like holding a baby in one arm while doing something else with the other.

To me, I think it would come down to spending time with the child to get to know him or her and how best to communicate with the child and navigate him or her through life, and giving him or her a lot of love.

And that reminds me to get the book The Five Love Languages of Children (http://www.fivelovelanguages.com/), which I heard was good.

But what do I know? I've never done this before.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Wow, you've got some great insights for someone who's never done this before! I don't think you have ANYTHING to worry about!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home