Saturday, March 04, 2006

The mom nose knows

Friday, March 3:

My husband knows how to make me laugh. I haven't laughed since what I'll call the Big Baby Blowup of 2006.

He comes home while I am outside taking down a bird feeder. We greet each other, and I ask him if he smells anything funny outside -- like something's burning.

He didn't notice.

An hour later while we're finishing dinner, a news flash comes on the TV announcing a raging warehouse fire two towns away.

"Incredible," he says. "You've got the mom nose. {sniff sniff} Someone's cooking curry in Canada! {sniff sniff} Someone's making popcorn in Istanbul!"

He does other things to make me laugh, too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how funny! it's true, though. being pregnant really does increase that sense of smell.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home