Wednesday, May 24, 2006

And the well wishes just keep on comin'

Wednesday, May 24:

Today I have come to a point I can't ignore any more. I have to tell some people I work with -- long-distance people, that is -- about the baby.

One of the women e-mails me back right away.

"What a wonderful experience this will be for both of you. It is really amazing, and I sincerely hope that you have been feeling well. I guess you're about 5 months along.... I do so hope that you are feeling good. Have you felt the baby move yet? That is sooo cool! Do you know if you are having a boy or a girl? We just had to know but I know lots of people, my sister included, who actually insisted that NO ONE know so that she wouldn't inadvertantly find out before the birth....

"Well, take care and I am just so thrilled to hear of your impending birth. It's so neat. It will change your life forever in ways that you really can't imagine or really plan for. I remember trying to explain it to a colleague
who chose not to have children, and I just really couldn't get it across. Another mommy friend later said, 'Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. You think you love your husband...but this is something else.' Congratulations to both of you. Keep me posted!"

Now, if that's not an enthusiastic and supportive e-mail, then I don't know what is. I feel so blessed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we kept this last baby a secret forever, and it was such a relief to get those well wishes when we finally told people!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home