Thursday, March 08, 2007

Blog party: It's a birthday!

Not only do we get to celebrate during this blog party, but today is my beloved JP's birthday. Happy birthday! (For the record, JP hates the name "JP," but it's kinda too late to change his name now, huh? Sometimes he calls himself "the husbland," so that's what I'll label him when posting about him from now on.) He's a great guy, a loving husband and my best friend, and I'm lucky to be married to him.

JP loves chocolate cake. It's something we have in common. So today, I baked him a kick-butt cake using the recipe on the Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa container. Oh, man. This cake is almost black. It's so good! (I had leftover batter and sneaked in a cupcake, so it passes the taste test.)

And here's my special cake tip: Instead of frosting or icing, make a cake special by melting chocolate chips or baking chocolate, and frost that cake with that instead. It hardens up as it cools, of course, creating a nice finish that always impresses people. It's like getting candy and cake in one slice!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Scribbit said...

Husbland, heh heh. I bet there are quite a few men out there who'd answer to that name. :)

6:07 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

Husbland ! Love it !
I wonder what my own would make of that nickname... ?

Happy B'day JP. Cake sounds divine ! ( pics ? ;)

6:48 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Mmmmm, Chocolate...

Homer Simpson moment.

Happy Birthday to the hubby!!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Yum yum yum yum yum!!!!!!!!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe Happy Birthday to your husband ! May you both enjoy the day!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yahoo!! Happy Birthday wishes. I'm loving that the sound of that chocolate cake... I may have to try it.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

You're so funny: Husbland. Hee-Hee. And happy birthday to him.

Although I don't like chocolate (I know, I am truly a freak) I will pass your tip on to all my chocolate-loving friends.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Yum, chocolate cake! May have to try it! My hubby loves chocolate too, so I guess I'd share.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Mayberry said...

Happy birthday, Husbland! That is too funny.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home