Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What I'd Wear Wednesday

What I'd wear today if I could: this fun wrap dress from Banana Republic. Sing it with me: "She's a brick ... house!" This brick pattern on the dress is fun. OK, it's a brick-like pattern. Prints seem to be the thing for fall. I'm more of a solids person, myself. But some prints are fun. And I think they hide bodily fluids from small children a lot more easily.

Also, I love wrap tops and wrap dresses. They fit to your shape really well because you control that wrap part. With so many tops and dresses out there now that look completely shapeless (where's the fun in that?!), it's sooo good to know not everything for fall looks like a potato sack.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

That IS a fun dress!!! And I agree, that completely shapeless top is horrible. Ick. May as well haul back out all the maternity tops if we're going to dress like THAT! (And yes, it's 3:30 am. Lance woke up screaming. He's pretty badly congested. I drugged him up and plugged in the humidifier and PRAYING he will go back to sleep!!! How's Flybaby doing tonight? Has that molar poppped out yet?)

2:32 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Love the dress, love the boots with it - a great look!

When I first saw the trend in tunics/baby doll tops, I thought "how cute." So I bought a couple. Then I saw pictures of myself in them, UGH, I look pregnant. Those tops are gone.

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES!! I LOVE IT!! (and I am SO not a dress person)

7:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tooooo cute! And I love those boots. If only I didn't have soccer calves and could fit into them....

9:37 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Love it. I would wear it, too, if I actually had to look nice today. Or, well, ever, really.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Mama's Moon said...

Ooooh-ahhhhh! Love the dress; and what a 'cool chick' way to dress it up with boots! Both are must-haves for the fall. Now I know where my next paycheck will be donated to ... ka-ching!

12:11 PM  
Blogger jodifur said...

thats really cutre. I might need to get it. For some reason bananna republic does not fit me.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I love Banana Republic and I love knee-high boots in the fall.

But I DON'T love the new fall fashion trends - boxy jackets, skinny jeans, baby doll tops, and -ug- spandex leggings.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Gorgeous!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Oh to dress like this again...I just can't wear this to chase two babies around, poor me. Cute outfit though!

8:40 PM  
Blogger jodifur said...

I bought this this weekend. And a green wrap dress at BR

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home