Thursday, September 04, 2008

This is not my beautiful blog

And you may find yourself blogging about Elmo and opera
And you may find yourself writing your best posts in someone else's comments section
And you may find yourself behinder and behinder in Google Reader
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful
child
And you may ask yourself, well...how did I get here?

[Sing it with me, now!]

Letting the days go by/pointing the watering can down
Letting the days go by/water flowing on Fly's head
Into the blue again/after the readers are gone
Once in a lifetime/water flowing underground

And you may ask yourself
How do I work this?
And you may ask yourself
Where is that clean automobile?
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful blog!
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful child!

[Etc.]

OK, so I'm in a bizarre mood today. And if you're still reading, the purpose of my little ditty is to announce two fine bloggers have given me awards! I'm indebted to Carabee at the Land of Bean for the Kick-Ass Blogger award, and to Renee of Life With My Special Ks for the Brilliante Web award. Thank you both so much! Wow! Carabee chronicles her adorable little Bean's life with great wit, and Renee always has something touching to say about her four gorgeous kids and life as a military family.



As the recipient of this award, I need to pass it on to five other bloggers. (You know how I hate having to pick and choose blog award winners! For both awards, I'm going to select bloggers I haven't already given awards to recently -- you know, to spread the blog award love around.) Heeeeeeere they are, in no order:

Maternal Mirth -- she is so wickedly funny! It would be fun to hang out.

lifelong playdate -- also a mom with a little Bean, she has a way of finding the extraordinary in the everyday.

Much More Than a Mom -- a longtime bloggy friend and The Opinionated Parent reviewer! And also a good Canadian.

Interrupted Wanderlust -- another funny mom whose posts makes you think, and who is soon adding twins to her family, which includes the irresistible Isabella!

Creative Thoughts by Chelle -- a kick-ass Web/blog designer and mom, for sure. And also a good Canadian.




The rules of the award are:
1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of those you’ve nominated.

Look At Us Now! -- a fun-loving bloggy friend who shares my birthday and keeps herself busy with all kinds of projects. And also a good Canadian.

Groovy's Ruminations -- a serious writer whose blog posts are usually not serious at all!

Just Being Me -- another serious writer who always has thought-provoking posts that come from a good heart.

Oh Amanda -- one of those girls who wanna have fun, who also has a new blog featuring crafts for kids, and is expecting a little boy soon.

Three And Holding -- Poetic or laugh-out-loud funny, her posts are a must-read. And also a good Canadian.

Crazy Bloggin' Canuck -- a hysterically funny mom who always seems to be on a great outdoors adventure. A also a good Canadian who happens to live in Colorado.

Carpe Diem! -- a mom who seems to truly live by her great blog title and who has two angelic-looking children!

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

I so had to pick myself up from the floor after nearly busting a seam laughing. That was funny!!

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks!

2:51 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

i like when you are in a bizarre mood and you hand out bling :)

thanks friend and congrats to all your deserving winners!!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Love your version of the song!

6:58 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

Thanks for your kind words, you are much deserving of these awards!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Love that song. You're so funny. In fact, your version rivals the original!

Thanks so much for the award. I happen to think you're a pretty kiss-ass blogger too!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are too funny. And weird. And wonderfully hilarious. I think that's why I love to visit. As for the award? I'm honored to be numbered among your chosen!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

Behinder and behinder is right. I deleted my reader today.
Thanks for choosing me! I'm flattered.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Thank you so much for the award. You said such kind things.

I'm sorry I haven't been around. I'm knee deep in the final edits. I'll feel so much better once I submit the book.

I've missed visiting friends like yourself.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

You and David Byrnes are like two peas in a pod :) Sooo musical!

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha Sorry I have to name drop. David Byrne once called me at home! I invited him to an event and he personally called to thank me. How nice was he!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Maternal Mirth said...

Wow! Thanks, I am soooo flattered! :-)

1:52 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Well, you know I'm a big fan of songs. And you.

Thanks so very much for the shout out! You made my day.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

Nice entry to your post!

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO totally honoured ... Thanks!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

I love the song, it rings true. Thanks for thinking of me, very sweet.!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home