Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What I'd Wear Wednesday: Warmth

What I'd wear today if I could: a good coat, simple and wear-everywhere but also elegant, like this one from Body Central. (Hey, I saw a fab coat I loved by Burberry, but it was almost $1,000. Sometimes, you really can't knock the inexpensive stuff.)

We've just gotten our first cold snap of the season here in Neverland, and my closet is woefully unprepared. Because our coat weather doesn't last, I rarely get to wear my jackets and sweaters, so they don't wear out. But that means I keep the same sweaters and jackets year after year, and they are starting to look really dated (a red plaid corduroy puffy jacket, anyone?).

I don't need a coat that's really heavy -- I usually dress in shed-able layers in the winter because you never know if the crazy weather will warm up and make you roast.

What is your favorite outerwear, and where do you buy it?

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a jacket JUST like that but mine is black.

My favorite outerwear would have to be my while puff COLD jacket but I can't seem to find it yet this year.

Perhaps I should buy a new one? :D

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am too big to wear my favourite jacket, a camel-coloured wool peacoat, this winter, so I'm stuck in my husband's huge, bulky, made by a mountain-climbing company cause god knows we're gonna be in weather THAT bad, blue coat. It's warm and it fits though, so I can't complain too much.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

Ooo...pretty! I have a fabulous white coat, but I find that I can't really wear it with a baby in tow. Sniff, sniff. I do love me a beautiful coat even if cold snaps really don't last around here.

8:06 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I have a very similar coat to that in black because me and white don't mix. I think I got it at J Crew. It's perfect for just about anything.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

My favorite winter coat is actually a brown peacoat that I bought at NY & Co. for $99 two years ago. It has a flattering cut and it's just the right length. Unfortunately, I won't be able to wear it this winter for long because of my ever-expanding belly!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Maternal Mirth said...

I have coat like that in gray. Almost everything I own is gray. Even my car is gray. AND MY CAT, my cat is gray ... I think I need a splash of color.

I would love to own a coat in white. Alas, it wouldn't be white for long.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

I like it, but I am pretty sure my kids would get it dirty after a few seconds of wearing it. Plus, it doesn't get cold here very often - more than where you live though. :)

7:17 AM  
Blogger Damselfly said...

I should let everyone know I don't really want a white coat! I actually want a dark one (black or navy), but this picture showed off the details of the coat well. :)

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo I am in love with that coat! I am not sure I would fair well with white though!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Annie Peterson said...

I am totally also needing a cute overcoat...I did just get a great little jacket at Forever 21 for $17.50! It's not super warm, but it's good for a light, cute outerwear. :)

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home