Thursday, February 26, 2009

Today's magic

It's the end of the day, and I almost don't want this day to end. There was just something magical about today and how Fly and I related to each other.

It wasn't that he didn't misbehave. But Fly did actually listen to me today. It probably helps that he is speaking more in real sentences now.

Fly seemed unusually contented. He sang songs with me while we waited in line at the store. He pointed out all the red lights, green lights and yellow lights as we drove in the car. Fly ate plenty at lunch. Then he patiently (!) waited for me to clean up afterward so we could play outside -- for an hour. He napped without a fight. He read some word cards. Fly even tried two new foods at dinner. He didn't want to go to bed tonight -- he wanted to stay up and sing songs with me. But I put on some music for him to listen to while he fell asleep.

I know better than to expect Fly will be the same tomorrow. He is ever growing and changing. There are hardly two days alike for him. And that makes today's magic even more fleeting and sweet.


Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger bernthis said...

I'm always amazed at how much my kid changes day to day. One day, a while ago, she tried string beans, decided she liked thema nd now eats them all the time. Thank you God!! LOL

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo those beautiful days of peace. I am glad you were able to embrace it beautifully!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Jen S. said...

I'm glad you had such a nice day! Fly looks just like a little man in that picture!!

10:49 AM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

Aren't days like that amazing! It's these good days that make the bad ones bearable.

11:51 AM  
Blogger the mama bird diaries said...

Those are great days.

1:26 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

the best kind of days there are :)

1:57 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

What a beautiful day! I love that for you!!

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh her tried new foods! It's amazing how fast they learn! Sweet photo.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

Days when it all is definitely worth it! It always is, of course, but sometimes it's hard to remember that, I know... :) He is really growing up!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This post tugged at my heartstrings. There ARE some days when everything just clicks and we connect on such a wonderful level. So happy you and Fly shared that!

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! So great that you get some days like that just with him before #2 comes.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Freckle Face Girl said...

Those are the best days. I must admit that picture made me kind of sad because he is such a big boy. Kids just grow up too FAST!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I LOVE days like this, even though they're so rare in my house. You've captured the simple wonder of it beautifully.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Aren't days like that wonderful?

I can't believe how big he's gotten. He 's not a baby or a toddler anymore. He's a little boy!

P.S. I'm so impressed that he's reading already! Do you do those word cards with him every day?

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home