Thursday, November 06, 2008

Friends from the beginning

Mozi Esme tagged me for a meme to go to my fourth folder and pull out the fourth picture in it. Because my blog is short on inspiration lately, I was thankful to have something to post! I may even do another meme tomorrow! Oops, should I tell you that in advance? Well, I hope you stop by anyway because it's fun.

The fourth picture in my fourth folder isn't a great photo -- just a snapshot -- but I couldn't part with it.



This is Fly (on the right) and his friend Lance as babies. I think this was the first outing my friend Guinevere and I had after Lance was born -- we took the boys for a walk in the park. I think we talked about losing weight and 529 college plans. Considering we were both new moms, we probably also talked about poop. (Don't all new moms talk about poop?!)

Just for comparison, here are the boys last week.



They've grown up together since day one -- well, actually day two -- Fly visited Lance in the hospital the day after he was born! And now that Lance comes to spend the day with us twice a week, the boys have gotten even closer. They even ask for each other sometimes when they're apart.

And you know what, I think Guinevere and I still talk about poop!

If you need some bloggy inspiration, I tag you!

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Maternal Mirth said...

I have one dear friend who I have known since I was 5 days old!

That's 30 years of friendship. Now, with her 4 kids and my 3 ... we have quite a good time when, on the rare occasion, we can get together :)

3:47 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

awww honey that is too sweet :)

aren't baby friends the best??

3:57 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

yes, moms of kids young and old talk about poop! It's sad but true.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Madeline said...

I don't think it's just new moms. I know some old pros who jump right in there anytime the poop subject comes up.

5:46 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

Ah yes, the poop talk. I know it well. We have several friends who have babies that are within a few weeks of Sophie and it has been so amazing to watch them growing together.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

So cute!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Bloggy Mama said...

So awesome. It's so special to have friends that have seen you through it all.

8:48 PM  
Blogger the mama bird diaries said...

So cute to see them so big now!

Am I the only idiot who doesn't know what a "fourth folder" is?

11:09 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

That is so sweet. You know I could tell which was Fly in the baby picture. His face has not changed - still so very cute.

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag! I'll have to file this one away, in case I happen to need it.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Well, I think that was a great "tag" blog :)!!!

1:41 PM  
Blogger ames said...

D'awwwwwww!

The same thing happens with dog owners, the talking about poop thing. But it also diverges into "She really likes to eat it and roll in it, she thinks it is fine perfume or something..."

3:58 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

What great photos. They grow so quickly, don't they. Hopefully Fly and Lance will be friends forever. I've had my best friend since 1st grade.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww so sweet that they can grow up together!!!!!!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Jen S. said...

Every time Lance sees a red car anywhere, he says your name!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home