Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What I'd Wear Wednesday: One secret

What I'd wear today if I could: Comfort. Comfort, comfort, comfort is all I'm looking for these days. I'm at 23 weeks now and running out of regular clothes to wear. Some of my looser items still fit, thank goodness, but the pickings are slim. Er ... OK, they're not slim -- they're large, but you know what I mean.

Feeling uninspired, I thought I'd share a tip for one way I find items for my WIWW posts. It's a site called Shop It To Me, which I found out about some time ago. The site sends you e-mails featuring clothes and accessories on sale. You sign up for a free account, choose your size(s) and favorite stores or designers, and how frequently you want to be e-mailed. Then you just wait for the fashion eye candy to pop up in your inbox. So there you go -- now you know one of my secrets.

Here are some discounted goodies that showed up in my e-mail this week.

This Free People top, found at Bloomingdales:



A BCBG Max Azria dress, also found at Bloomingdales:



A sweet pair of Betsey Johnson espadrilles, found at Endless Shoes & Handbags:



A bowler-style bag by Prada:



And a pair of cropped cargos from Lauren by Ralph Lauren:



Shop It To Me has children's and men's sizes and stores listed as well, so it's a good resource for shopping for your whole family. And getting deals!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger ohAmanda said...

I love the BCBG dress! Adorable!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

I just wish it was warm enough to wear any of these!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! I especially like the shoes. I always found the 2nd trimester a challenge for dressing. Too small for 'real' maternity type stuff and too big for my regular clothes. I wanted to wear a sign that announced I was pregnant and not just over eating.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Lane said...

Love the shoes and the prada bag, shows you that I have no clothes that fit so only shoes and bags are on the list these days :)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Madeline said...

What a great resource! Comfort was exactly what I was thinking as I got dressed this morning. Luckily, I just went shopping and scored a couple of very cute and comfy tops. Yay!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Jen S. said...

What a great tip!!

I wondered if you just had a bookmarked list of store's websites and perused them each week!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just looking at those clothes makes me cold ... hehe!

3:08 PM  
Blogger CaraBee said...

I haven't heard of that site, I'll have to sign up! I love that BCBG dress and the espadrilles! I can't wait for it to be warm enough around here to wear them.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

Love the cropped cargos - if only I could wear them...

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have mad love for betsy johnson. i have a great pic of Tessa in a betsy dress when she was just a wee thing

11:34 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks for sharing your "top secret" tip! I always wondered where you found such fashionable picks for this column. ;)

P.S. I totally know what you mean about just being all about "comfort." I'm 38 weeks pregnant and NOTHING fits anymore!

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home