Friday, September 28, 2007

Love your mother

You know I love to spend time outdoors (even if I'm not a mountain climber), so I couldn't let Take A Child Outside Week pass me by without doing just that.

Fly and I roped his friend Lancelot and his mama Guinevere (Star) into going to a local park that is mainly a swamp. It recently opened after being closed for two years due to a very bad storm.

Fortunately, it appears the swamp has survived.


A ruddy daggerwing butterfly


Beautyberry bushes

We even saw some wildlife!


Pileated woodpeckers


Um, yeah

Guinevere and I might have to keep trying to bring up the boys to love nature, though.....



PS [soapbox] Take A Child Outside Week is going on through Sunday, but any time is a good time to spend with your children in nature and teach them to love Mother Earth! [/soapbox]

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I think we're giving our boys a good start. :)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I've never even heard of "Take a Child Outside" week, but it sounds great! I guess I do take Tate out pretty often, but we should do it even more! :) Oh yeah, and we have a couple hundred of those slugs overtaking our garden...yeah...not fun. We'll have to do something about them in spring!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

We have those woodpeckers around our house too. My mom didn't believe me when I first moved out here that there were woodpeckers that big.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Love it love it love it!!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

asd... i didn't even know such a week existed... although i am pretty familiar with "let your kids watch uninterrupted hours of Sagwa on Tivo" week.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I didn't know about this week! We just spent the day outside, we visited a cemetery and walked around our art museum grounds. :)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I never heard of this, but good for you for braving the great outdoors. I need to get Isabella outside more. Only problem is, the child hates her stroller. :(

8:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Here, here! I've been dragging....errr...bringing mine along from the get-go. :-)

10:35 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

What a great time you had. I love the pictures.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Those babies are way too precious!!! Enjoy the outdoors while it lasts!

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like a beautifully scenic outing! It's never too early to start the love for nature!

6:48 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Great pictures!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

I think that's a banana slug!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I'm on it.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Mama's Moon said...

A park that's a swamp?!! How awesome is that??!!! I wish I could find something like that around here. As it is The Big Guy's fave thing to say whenever he sees a warm or a bug is, "Eeeeeewwww! Icky!" *sigh* So much for putting the nature back into the boy...

11:41 PM  
Blogger ohAmanda said...

Beautyberry?! We have those in our n'hood and I've wondered what they were. Beauty, indeed.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home